GOD BLESS AMERICA, LAND THAT I LOVE
HAPPY 250TH BIRTHDAY
I am happy we have church-state separation in our Constitution.
Does true faith need or want support from the government?
When people became followers of Jesus Christ, they gave up so much. They no longer followed the Roman government's pagan ways, which made it difficult for them. The men and women who were involved in telling others about Jesus and starting churches for those converting from paganism and from the church in Rome were persecuted, jailed, and put to death. Can’t stop God, and more followers stood strong so that we can freely worship today. We don’t worship like they did before Jesus Christ came and gave His life. How much easier it is to “just believe He is whom He has sent.”
Just operating in the precepts of God, a nation thrives. God knows the hearts of the leaders. God waits and watches and acts. His acts aren’t pleasing to many because our acts as a nation aren’t pleasing to Him. Go God. Show me my actions, and where they don’t align with building this land I live in into a place where we show one another respect, allowing our differences to bring out what is good. It’s when our differences bring what is bad to this land we crumble. Again, I said the differences should be building good things.
I don’t want government to tell me who, what, or when I can worship. I don’t even want a “religion” to tell me that! I don’t want to be controlled by the government and rely on it for what I can eat, where I can live, how much I can earn, or whether I can get an education in any field I desire. I want the right to vote.
I am really puzzled at all the Americans who hate America when so many people are flocking here for the freedoms we enjoy. I have yet to hear a true follower of Jesus Christ hate America. Maybe there are some.
I know there are many who hate the things going on in the government. Actually, anyone in their right mind who doesn’t like the corruption, even among the towns they live in, something must be wrong with them.
The Word of God says I should not discriminate. So, I ask God for help. To love those who differ from me, as I know God loves them enough that He gave Jesus Christ for them, just as He did for me. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Oh, the freedom in Jesus Christ I now have to love others is given to me.
Do I love their actions when they go against everything I know to be good? No. I don’t even like my own actions when they go against what I know is good and pleasing to the Lord.
There are times when I have no idea what I am doing goes against what God would have for me. When I take time with Him in quiet prayer, reading His Word, and joining others who are seeking His ways, I become enlightened and can then walk even more lightly and with more joy as His Spirit leads and guides me. Yes, I know that sounds strange and like a lot of work for some. Life is too busy for some.
I read an article on separation of church and state from www.au.org
It again baffles me:
“The separation of church and state prevents religious beliefs from dictating government policies and protects individual religious expression only so long as it does not harm others. Denying available health care is harmful. While the Constitution protects our right to believe what we choose about certain medical procedures like abortion, fertility treatments or gender-affirming care, it does not allow us to deny care or discriminate against others based on our religious beliefs.
Our government should protect patients’ rights, not facilitate discrimination in our health care system.”
The wording “so long as it does not harm others.” Many believe we shouldn’t dictate what the medical professional does; then, when that medical professional says, “I do believe an abortion harms another person,” that is not accepted? Is it called discrimination? One is always free to find a doctor who aligns with the health care they are seeking.
I know I have to seek out a doctor that will help me heal as naturally as possible and not be eager to write out prescriptions.
We now expect the medical community to change the birth-given sex of a person? Is that not gender affirming treatment? Years back, there was a saying with a little person's picture on it that said, "God doesn’t make mistakes." And guess what? HE DOESN’T!
I have no idea who is reading this, but be assured you are uniquely and wonderfully made. The enemy of our souls will do anything to confuse us. The only way I can stop confusion from entering my mind, causing depression, sickness, and sadness, is to believe in Jesus, the one God sent to save me. Save me from myself first.
If a doctor believes that doing or providing procedures that try to change a man to a woman or a woman to a man goes way beyond their scope (playing God), can we not accept that? If that person is bleeding out, needing open heart surgery, a broken leg fixed, by all means help that person medically.
I’ve come to the conclusion we are just so unbalanced. I think about all the food items at the grocery store and how damaging many of them are to our health. We buy it, eat it, give it to our friends and family, and then don’t understand why we are seeing a rise in so many medical conditions, from diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, and anxiety.
We can’t pay the bills; sometimes it’s because of overspending. We don’t have a budget; we just see something and buy it, or work so hard so we can go on that vacation. We stress about going to work every day at a job we don’t like, or worry about the chance we could get laid off.
We have no time for family; we rush to get home, get dinner on the table, if parents cook these days. What about the wash? When does that get done?
We complain when businesses shut down, especially if we, a family member, or a friend were employed there.
Do we ever complain that church was closed or there wasn’t a church we could go to? You can pick any religion your heart desires, and search one out that will align with “anything goes” as long as you are happy. I do want to warn you about those “religions”. God has warned us about those.
You don’t need a relationship with Jesus Christ if you want to rely on people to affirm it’s okay to live any way you want. I liked hearing the pastor, who had lots of marriages in his church, as many couples were coming and they were living together not believing not being married did matter to God.
Did they know what they were doing was not honoring God? Maybe not. They learned, wanted God’s blessing on their relationship, and wanted to get married. Marriage and all its good things are in God’s Word. (JesusRx Prescription for life podcast has four marriage episodes.)
If you do go to a church and receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, the Holy Spirit will teach you truth. Open up that Bible, go to a Bible study where people are able to ask questions, yes, even give an opinion, and seek out that opinion in God's Word.
Too many people are afraid to ask questions. God wants your questions. Anyone who wants to grow in God will seek answers. Often, we receive an answer in His Word or through circumstances. Sometimes we will never know some things, and that’s when your faith will be activated.
Enjoy your freedom while we have it. I don’t ever want the government to guide my relationship with Jesus. I pray you don’t need the government to ever feed you or house you, but lean on the everlasting arms of Jesus. Yes, your choices will dictate many things in your life. The best choice I have ever made was to follow Jesus and allow God's guidance along this path of life.
This life will end here, but I will live eternally with God. Praying you will live eternally with God, believing His love for you is so great He gave Jesus, your way, truth, and life to know Him. Turn to Him; He waits to bring wholeness. Forgiveness is always waiting for you.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay in His Word!
Eva
Program begins monthly: Beyond Medication: Lifestyle Changes For Whole Health In 90 Days.
No comments:
Post a Comment